Each year we do a round-up like this of our best blog posts for travel nurses and allied health professionals. It’s a good way for us to reflect on what has happened in travel nursing as well as highlight our travelers. We hope these articles inspire you if you’re thinking about traveling, know a traveler, or are a seasoned traveler interested in working with AB Staffing.
Top 10 Blog Posts for Travel Nurses & Allied Health Professionals
This year we experienced continued demand for travelers in all specialties due in part to the ongoing pandemic. In these articles, we meet travelers, offer tips for moving from staff to traveler, and highlight specialties and geographic locations that we think are of interest to our readers.
- Top Travel Nurse Specialties for 2021. Critical Care, Med Surg, and Emergency Room continue to be among the top ten travel nurse specialties, even as the year comes to a close. The reason is the ongoing pandemic, in addition to the cold and flu season. In this article, there are links to the various job boards so you can see what we currently have available in each specialty.
- 10 Best Nursing Schools & Programs. Thinking about going to nursing school and aren’t sure where to begin? We share our ideas for the best programs around the country.
- Top Fall Assignments. We highlight the sights to see in Arizona, Colorado, North Dakota, and Maryland and link to open positions in these states. Whether you want to ski in Colorado, explore North Dakota, hang out in sunny Arizona, or explore Maryland which is noted as one of the best places to live, we’ve got you covered.
- What to Know: Switching from Staff Nurse to Travel Nurse. As with any career decision, there are pros and cons to making a big change. In this article, we offer tips for moving from staff nurse to travel nurse including moving to a new place, utilizing your recruiter as a resource, and the differences in benefits.
- Pros and Cons of RV Living. We have travel nurses who love living in an RV while on the road. They love they can pick up and move but note there are challenges, as well as rewards, to tiny house living.
- Myths about Travel Nursing. We are asked a lot of questions about travel nursing, so we thought we’d share a few of the myths. Among the myths, we bust are that you are required to work far away from home when on contract, you can’t travel with pets or family, and there is no job security. This is a great article to answer your most asked questions about travel nursing!
- Why Work as a Travel Med Tech. It’s not all about nurses. We also have positions available for travel Med Techs. There is a demand for your skills and experience, opportunities to expand your knowledge, and, of course, travel to new places.
- 2021 Travel Gift Guide. Every year we put together our best gift ideas for travel nurses including items they can use for work, to keep in touch with family and friends, and to unwind when not at work. We hope you enjoy this year’s edition!
- Provider Spotlight: Alaska Labor & Delivery Nurse Jessica. In this 2021 blog post, we chat with Jessica who has been a labor and delivery nurse for more than 20 years. She just began her travel nursing career and is loving it, though admittedly misses friends and family. It’s a good article if you’re thinking of becoming a traveler because it gives perspective straight from the source, a travel nurse.
- Understanding Cross-Cultural Communication as a Travel Nurse. We love this article as it is at the heart of what we do. Our travelers go to locations and are the outsider, so what can they do to fit in and respect the local culture? This article discusses working in IHS facilities, learning to understand non-verbal communication and customs.