Looking for the perfect gift for your travel friends or colleagues or need some ideas to give your family? Here are our recommendations of personal, practical, and functional gift ideas for travel nurses and healthcare professionals.
Travel providers may live a life of adventure exploring new places but their workdays consist of tending to patients, making care decisions, and always being on the move. Whether they’re looking to explore their current city, are in need of a spa day, or just need a message from home, these gifts are sure to make them feel special.
Gift Ideas for Travel Healthcare Professionals
- Travel accessories are the first thing that comes to mind! Personalized travel mugs like these from Personalization Mall where you can add photos or a saying like “This nurse runs on coffee,” are perfect for a nurse se on the go. Luggage tags, wireless phone chargers, blank journals, and Pandora or Spotify music gift cards are also great options.
- Gifts related to the great outdoors like an America the Beautiful National Park Pass from the National Park Service will have any avid hiker ready for a day trip to nearby natural wonders. Hydration packs and related accessories, stainless steel water bottles, hiking poles from outdoor retailers like REI, and sun protective clothing by Coolibar are smart options for an active travel nurse.
- Photo related gifts like a selfie stick and gift card to Snapfish or Shutterfly are great so they can take pictures and have them printed in a book to easily show friends and family when they return home.
- Self-care items like a gift certificate for a spa day or massage or manicure or pedicure, shower and bath accessories, the Anti-Stress Microwavable Comfort Wrap, a gift basket from Bath & Body Works, or comfy slippers are appreciated by nurses who are often on their feet non-stop. Check Groupon for deals on spa days, float spas, mani/pedi, and more.
- Books like the National Geographic Rarely Seen: Photographs of the Extraordinary or best sellers like these Mystery Picks from Amazon are perfect for downtime. If you’re not sure of their favorite genre, ask them or their friends and family or do a bit of sleuthing on social media to see if they’ve mentioned a favorite book and find one by the same author.
- Personalized gift ideas for travel nurses from retailers like Walgreens and Costco include photo calendars, holiday ornaments, or nurse-specific items like this Coffee, Scrubs, and Rubber Gloves t-shirt from Etsy. An ornament featuring nieces and nephews can go a long way to making them feel closer to home while they’re on the road.
- Food related gifts like a Costco membership, Starbucks gift card, or meals from Omaha Steaks or HelloFresh make meal planning easier. If they love to cook, consider a Crockpot or Instant Pot along with a cookbook and a grocery store gift card.
- Gifts for safety are also important when traveling frequently and include a membership to AAA, gift card to an auto shop or major retailer like Discount Tire, and a Winter Auto Survival Kit.
Whatever gifts you choose, we hope we gave you some great ideas and inspiration with our gift ideas for travel nurses and healthcare professionals.
Looking for a new job in your stocking this holiday season? Check out the AB Staffing Job Board or give us a call at 888.515.3900 to see what we have available for you.
Interested in winning yourself a new laptop in the new year? Click here to refer a friend and ENTER TO WIN a MacBook Air! Plus get up to $500 each when your friend completes their assignment!