ASSOCIATE GENERAL COUNSEL
AB Staffing Solutions, a leader in the Healthcare Staffing industry since 2002, is seeking to hire an Associate General Counsel for its corporate office in Gilbert, AZ. AB Staffing was recently recognized by Forbes as one of the top 20 professional search firms across the Nation and has been recognized each of the last seven years by Inc 5000 as one of the fastest growing companies in America. This is an excellent opportunity for an Arizona licensed attorney seeking positive work-life balance.
The successful candidate will be responsible for working with the General Counsel and other members of the management team on the legal aspect of the Company including:
- advising management on HR and employment law issues;
- drafting forms and handbooks;
- serving as compliance manager for I-9 and other immigration documents and issues;
- presenting training for staff members on various legal topics;
- working with state and federal agencies involving government contracting and employment regulatory matters;
- reviewing and negotiating contracts;
- forming and maintaining business entities;
- providing analysis and legal counsel on general corporate legal matters;
- ensuring company’s compliance with all laws and regulations, including privacy laws; and
- managing litigation and discovery issues/coordination and management of outside counsel.
- Must be an active member in good standing of the AZ State Bar. 3-6 years’ experience preferred.
- Employment law experience is strongly preferred, including working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations (civil rights and discrimination, wage and hour, disability and medical leave, wrongful discharge, etc.), representing parties in federal and state administrative matters, and drafting and reviewing workplace policies and procedures and employment handbooks
- Working knowledge of data privacy laws preferred
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve complex problems, evaluate legal risks, and provide clear advice
- Exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate at a professional level with all levels of the company
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities and tasks, meet deadlines and maintain excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively in a team environment
Why Work AB Staffing?
- Salary is DOE
- Weekly Pay/Direct Deposit
- Generous PTO Plan
- Fully Covered Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-term/Long-term Disability Insurance
- Company paid professional expenses such as annual bar dues and CLEs
- Casual Work Environment
- East Valley Location
Please submit resume and salary request to MDonoho@ABstaffing.com
AB Staffing Solutions, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V