We are looking for a detail-oriented Senior Accountant to perform and coordinate accounting duties within our organization. The Senior Accountant’s responsibilities include preparing financial reports, performing account reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger, assisting with audit preparations, and performing other accounting duties as assigned.
To be successful as a Senior Accountant, you should have a solid working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and strong financial analysis skills. They must have extensive knowledge of the accounting principles to perform accounting duties that would minimize the financial risk of the company. An outstanding Senior Accountant should also possess strong Excel skills, be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
Senior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Responsible for general ledger.
- Maintaining and reconciling balance sheet and general ledger accounts.
- Coordinating accounting functions and programs.
- Comply with all federal, state, and local protocols including legal requirements, and interpret new and existing legislation.
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information.
- Assist in processing payroll and tax reports for federal, state, and local agencies when required.
- Preparing financial analyses and reports.
- Assisting with preparing and monitoring budgets.
- Assisting with annual audit preparations, workers comp and SUI.
- Investigating and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance.
- Preparing revenue projections and forecasting expenditure.
- Contributing to the development of new or amended accounting systems, programs, and procedures.
- Interfacing accounting data between multiple systems.
- Performing other accounting duties and supporting junior staff as required or assigned.
Senior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required.
- 5+ years of accounting experience.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Involvement in business registration, payroll tax compliance and creating, distributing, and reporting tax datasheets.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements for the primary company.
- Strong financial analysis skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and stress management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Ability to train and manage staff.
AB Staffing Solutions, LLC is an EOE, including disability/vets.