Each year we get our team together and ask for their input on travel nurse gift ideas. Whether you love having a high-quality water bottle for work, a message from home, or a bit of self-care, we think you will love these options.
2019 Travel Nurse Gift Ideas
Many of our ideas are available online. We recommend that if you’re buying online, look for coupons, discounts, and free shipping, especially this time of year.
- Need a new set of scrubs? Ask Santa for a gift card from FIGS where you can purchase 8-pocket, movie-themed, or jogger-style scrub pants as well as a host of other products for an active lifestyle.
- Stay hydrated. A brand new, clean water bottle is the perfect way to start the new year and keep flu and cold germs away. Hydroflask and YETI offer options for BPA-free, insulated bottles to keep your drinks hot or cold for an extended period of time.
- Listening to music, books, or podcasts? Consider asking Santa for a portable Bluetooth speaker or a set of Bluetooth earbuds from Amazon.
- Photo gifts are a great way to stay in touch with loved ones even when you’re busy. Digital photo frames that are WiFi-enabled like this photo frame from Nixplay, pair with an app and allow users to add and change photos, even from a distance.
- Solar-powered phone chargers give users the opportunity to charge their phones or other devices from anywhere. Here are the Forbes picks for Best Solar-Powered Chargers.
- Are you documenting your travel nurse experiences? Avoid shaky videos of your outdoor experiences and try the GoPro Hero 7. If the video on their website isn’t enough to make you want to record your next adventure, then we aren’t sure what will!
- Ask for easy to travel with accessories like quick-dry towels and dry shampoo. These items are available in stores like Bed, Bath, & Beyond, Target, and of course, Amazon.
- Send books on topics they enjoy. 50 States, 5000 Ideas offers readers adventures across the country while 52 Perfect Weekends in Wine Country offers specific trips for wine lovers. Check the New York Times or Amazon Best Seller lists to find books on people, places, and ideas your travel nurse loves.
- Self-care is important for our medical professionals. Check out Groupon for their area as well as day spas, and nail salons and grab a gift certificate for a day of relaxation.
- Making mealtime easier is another gift our travel nurses appreciate. If they are in an area that will deliver, Hello Fresh and Home Chef offer home delivery of ingredients and recipes so you always have a healthy meal to take to work. Grocery or restaurant gift cards are also another great option for a gift that you know will get used.